by Virginia Sowers, Community Manager
Millions of children around the globe go without food, shelter and clothing every day. The current economic crisis is only making bad conditions worse.
While many of us in the U.S. may be skipping that extra latte or dinner out, the World Bank predicts that 89 million more people—many of them children—are expected to be living in extreme poverty by the end of 2010.
At ChildFund, we’re working to connect more children with sponsors to help them lead healthy, productive lives. For less than $1 a day, you can make an amazing difference in a child’s life through sponsorship.
Our ongoing “One Child a Day” campaign in seven areas of the country provides a great opportunity to share the ChildFund mission.
You can also help spread the word about ChildFund’s One Child a Day campaign through Twitter and Facebook by inviting members of your social networks to consider sponsoring a child at just $28 a month.
When tweeting, please be sure to use the Twitter hashtags we’ve developed to track the campaign in each metropolitan market:
- Chico, Calif.: #1child4Chico
- Redding, Calif.: #1child4Redding
- Ft. Meyers, Fla.: #1child4FtMeyers
- Gainesville, Fla.: #1child4Gainsville
- Naples, Fla.: #1child4Naples
- Austin, Minn.: #1child4AustinMN
- Mason City, Iowa: #1child4MasonCity
- New Bedford, Mass.: #1child4NewBed
- Rochester, Minn.: #1child4RochMN
- Albany, N.Y.: #1child4Albany
- Schenectady, N.Y.: #1child4Schenectady
- Troy, N.Y.: #1child4Troy
- Providence, R.I.: #1child4Providence
- Milwaukee, Wis.: #1child4Milwaukee
Thanks for all you do to help children!