by Virginia Sowers, ChildFund Community Manager
A big thank-you to everyone who responded last week. We read some great tweets! It was not an easy job for our ChildFund panel to choose the five finalists.
Congrats to the Finalists
- @IloveChildFund:The miraculous part about being a sponsor is that one person really can make a difference in the world. It’s amazing! #ChildFundMom
- @michizen: Child sponsorship is a life enriching, selfless, loving act that reminds us that we are all connected. #ChildFundMom
- @KRDRE1974: The sweetest word a child can say is Mommy. #ChildFundMom
- @stopxtrempovrty: Unconditional love is a mother’s greatest gift. #ChildFundMom
- @IloveChildFund: I share our sponsorship experience with our children so that my passion for ChildFund will one day be their passion, too. #ChildFundMom
Today, Phase 2 of the tweet-off begins — voting for your favorite finalist by retweeting.
1) Follow ChildFund on Twitter.
2) Watch for the release of the Twitter finalists at 8 a.m., noon and 4 p.m. on May 4 and May 5.
3) Retweet your favorite message as often you like until 4:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday, May 5. The #ChildFundMom hashtag must be included.
4) The tweet that receives the most retweets will be declared the winner. (Hint for finalists: Ask your friends to follow ChildFund on Twitter and retweet your tweet.)
We will announce the winner of the popular vote on May 9, just after Mother’s Day. The prize: a $50 shopping spree in our Gifts of Love & Hope catalog — with the winner choosing gifts to be delivered to the field in his or her honor. Plus, the winner will receive some neat ChildFund gear.
So, start retweeting!